Connecting your Instagram (and Twitter!) helps us better understand and convey who you are as an influencer directly in your profile and can allow us to provide an in-depth analysis of your audience.
When connecting Instagram it’s important to approve access to the Facebook page associated to your Instagram for Creators or Instagram for Business account. If this access isn’t approved, we won’t be able to include your Instagram content and analysis in your profile.
Blogist will never make any changes to your account. We only view general stats about your audience and content.
Having trouble connecting your Instagram?
In some instances, there may be issues connecting an Instagram account to your Blogist profile. Facebook’s workflow for granting the Blogist app permission to access your Instagram account is complicated! The following checks can help troubleshoot these issues and walk through the process:
- Is the Instagram account set up as a personal account, Instagram for Creators account, Instagram for Business account? Instagram no longer allows us to connect personal accounts. If your account is set up as a personal Instagram account, you’ll need to convert it to an Instagram for Creators account.
- When clicking the “Connect Instagram” link, does a popup window appear? If not, the Instagram setup popup window is likely blocked and you’ll need to allow popup windows for Blogist in your browser.
- During the app approval process in the popup window, be sure to allow all of the permissions the Blogist app is asking for: Manage Pages, List Pages, Instagram
- During the app approval process, be sure to allow access to the Facebook page that is linked to your Instagram for Creators or Instagram for Business account. The Instagram connection requires
pages_show_listpermissions. If some of these permissions are not allowed, the connection may not work correctly.
- At the end of the workflow, you should see a prompt to choose the Instagram profile to connect. If you see a message saying that we couldn’t find your profile, it likely means that some of the required permissions still need to be approved or your Instagram account is set up as a personal account and you’ll need to convert it to an Instagram for Creators account.
Already tried to connect?
If you’ve already tried to connect your Instagram account to your Blogist profile and it still isn’t showing up, you may need to update the connection settings in Facebook.
- From your Blogist profile, click the Connect Instagram for Creators link
- Clicking the Connect Instagram for Creators link will open a popup that allows reconnecting your Instagram account to your Blogist profile. Click the Edit Settings button in this popup.
- Next, it will ask which Instagram accounts you want to connect. You should see your account listed on this page. Be sure that the box for your account is checked.
- It will then ask for access to your Facebook pages. Be sure the box is checked for the Facebook page that is linked to your Instagram account. It isn’t necessary to approve access for any other Facebook pages.
- The final step in Facebook is to grant permissions to Blogist on the pages that you’ve approved access for in the previous step. Be sure each permission is switched to “yes”.
- After clicking the Done button in the Facebook connection popup, a Blogist view should appear in the popup with a list of your Instagram accounts that it can access based on the access granted in the previous steps. Be sure to select the Instagram account that you’d like to use with Blogist and click the Connect button. When you click the Connect button, your Instagram account will be successfully connected to your Blogist profile!